“Life is what happens to you while you are busy having self-inflicted guilt for letting your television blog fizzle out just before the golden age of television.” -John Lennon, we think
We’d be naive to pretend that we can just dive back in. A lot’s changed out there since we last posted.
- Draper was to Whitman as Einhorn was to Finkle.
- Prestige is no longer just for turn-of-the-century magician movies.
- Everyone’s mother discovered The Big Bang Theory and won’t shut up about it.
- Our eerily prescient observation about the role of white male entitlement in the political arena led to…things.
We’re sorry we left you hanging through all that, but we’re back. And for Boob Tubers 2.0, a few ground rules…
- The old Boob Tube, she ain’t what she used to be. TV is digital, cords have been cut, and everyone (we mean everyone) is now a purveyor of scripted, original content. Well, we’re sticking to our name. (Who can turn down the never ending SEO opportunities of “boobs?”) But consider us commenters on all moving images in two to three dimensions, no matter where or how they’re consumed. We’re xennials. We’ll probably call it all TV. And you’re going to have to be okay with that. It’s gonna get pretty old pretty fast if you’re correcting us every time.
- We were really, really off about Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Our bad. No more defaulting to Sorkin love based on West Wing laurels (says Jen; Lani was never into that “Let’s take Matthew Perry seriously” shit).
- No recaps here. We’re sticking to what we do best*. We’re pumped to provide you that perfect balance of hot, topical takes on what’s going on in TV land alongside listicles of personalities we wouldn’t kick out of bed.
*What we think we do best.